Trichomoniasis - an infectious disease common among women and among men.The main mode of transmission of its main pathogen - Trichomonas is unprotected sexual contact with a carrier of the disease.When infected men trichomoniasis disease primarily affects the urethra.The presence in the body of the infection can lead to prostatitis and ultimately infertility.
Once in the seminal fluid, Trichomonas actively proliferate and secrete the waste products that lead to the inhibition of the growth of sperm and promote their immobilization.In addition, a man, are not even aware of it available to the infection can pass it to your partner during unprotected sexual intercourse.In advanced cases of trichomoniasis can spread to the bladder, causing cystitis, and the kidneys, causing polinefrit.Often, trichomoniasis is the companion of such infections, like gonorrhea.In such cases, a correct diagnosis is very difficult.
The symptoms of trichomoniasis in men
Male trichomoniasis is often asymptom
- appearance of foam from the urethra, purulent discharge yellowish.
- urethral soreness when touched.
- frequent desires in a toilet, cramps during urination.
- itching in the genital area.
- emergence of small impurities of blood in the urine or semen.
- The feeling of heaviness and discomfort in the perineum and lower abdomen.
acute trichomoniasis lasts usually no more than 2 weeks, if left untreated, the disease becomes chronic and does not manifest itself.Therefore, the man found himself at least one of the above symptoms, it is recommended to consult a doctor to determine the correct diagnosis.The earlier the disease is detected, the easier it is to treat.To underestimate the risk of trichomoniasis in any case can not, in spite of its apparent at first glance harmless.In favorable conditions, Trichomonas rapidly multiplies, leading to undesirable consequences.
diagnosis of trichomoniasis in men may be conducted in the following ways:
- crops on the environment or cultural studies - is one of the most reliable methods of diagnosis.It allows you to establish the presence of the disease in 95% of all cases.
- Conduct microscopic examination of smears from the urethra - reveals the presence of flagellated forms of Trichomonas in 79% of cases.
- blood test for the presence of specific antibodies to the main pathogens.
Treatment of trichomoniasis in men
Treatment of trichomoniasis should even be carried out in cases where there are mild symptoms or no illness at all.The course of treatment appointed the doctor depending on the clinical picture of the disease.Interrupting a course of treatment due to feeling better is highly undesirable because Trichomonas has the ability to quickly adapt to the majority of medical drugs and become chronic, in which the treatment is extremely difficult.
There are several basic methods for the treatment of trichomoniasis in men:
- antimicrobial therapy with oral drugs: metronidazole, Clione, Trichopolum etc.
- The use of drugs for the topical treatment of diseases of the urethra installation.
- Physiotherapy, massage the prostate gland.
- Vitamin therapy, aimed at strengthening the immune system and the general state of the organism.
- Symptomatic treatment, directed primarily at the disposal of the main symptoms of the disease.
- treatment of opportunistic diseases.
patient is considered to be completely cured only in the event that during the re-examination after the passage of two months from the time of treatment will not be revealed the presence of Trichomonas in his body.The effectiveness of the treatment of trichomoniasis can be detected as a general blood test.
Tablets of trichomoniasis are a safe means of treatment.Only in some cases, they can have side effects in the form of intestinal colic, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, dry mouth, occurrence of stomatitis, pancreatitis, headache, development of depression, dizziness.Sometimes the administration of drugs may be accompanied by insomnia, frequent irritability and hyperexcitability.
application of topical preparations exposure may cause irritation of the glans penis, itchy and burning after applying the product.Any drug should be prescribed by a doctor after the examination.Folk remedies for the treatment of trichomoniasis does not exist.Male
trichomoniasis with no complications, can usually be completely cured within 7-12 days.The chronic form requires a prolonged treatment.If a man was put such a diagnosis, during treatment, it should abandon the use of alcoholic drinks and food with hot spices.Otherwise, you may experience nausea, vomiting, flushing, headache, heaviness in the stomach.
recommended to drink as much water as possible.From sexual contact should be avoided.In an extreme case, it has to be used a condom.A complete course of treatment does not guarantee a complete recovery from the disease.After completing the course you want to retake the tests.
best prevention of trichomoniasis is no doubt, sexual relations, the presence of a permanent healthy sex partner.The most reliable way to protect against the disease is a regular condom.When used properly, it is able to protect against infection in 99% of cases.Untimely or unskilled treatment may lead to a chronic form of the disease.
Treatment of the disease is usually performed venereologist.Now in Russia there is a huge number of medical centers, where every man can anonymously undergo a full screening for trichomoniasis.