gynecomastia - a pathological process of breast enlargement in men of any age.At a certain stage of life, such as adolescence, gynecomastia is normal physiological process.In adolescents, or in newborn boys are sometimes observed to gather around the nipples small soft bumps.
In the normal functioning of the body, they disappear in a few months.The main reason for this phenomenon remains a mystery to experts, although it is believed that the growth of male breasts caused by an excess in the body of the female sex hormones - estrogens and their predominance over the male hormones - androgens.Adolescent gynecomastia is not considered a disease and is absolutely harmless to health, but often the cause of the burst of negative emotions, embarrassment, constant stress, as a result can lead to serious psychological problems.At this point, it is important to explain to a teenager that his breast engorgement does not mean that it is transformed into a woman.If the symptoms of gynecomastia too conc
greatest concern gynecomastia in older men, which is caused by excessive growth of glandular tissue (mammary gland).In this case, the presence of said pathology.The main symptoms are:
- emergence of seals in the tissues of the breast.
- breast enlargement (one or both).
- Soreness in the chest at the time of probing tissue.
Gynecomastia is a very dangerous disease, since it increases the risk of developing cancer.Many men are not aware of the possibility of the development of their breast cancer, since the disease is considered to be more feminine.Gynecomastia is several times increases the possibility of developing male breast cancer.Immediate access to a doctor is required in those cases where in addition to increasing breast man sees at these symptoms:
- Increasing the axillary lymph nodes.
- Discharge from the nipple-like blood.
- Skin discoloration around the nipples.
- appearance of seals in the form of palpable under the skin of balls.
main cause of gynecomastia is considered to hormonal disruptions, which in turn can be caused by a number of serious diseases: swelling of the testicles or adrenal gland, primary hypogonadism, pancreatic cancer and gastric, hepatic cirrhosis, hyperthyroidism, liver failure.Therefore, the detection at the first symptoms of gynecomastia requires immediate treatment to a specialist to determine the true cause of the disease.By the way, the main causes of gynecomastia include excessive drinking.For example, beer contains a considerable number of substances that increase the level of estrogen in the body.
Diagnosis of the disease is usually responsible for the oncologist or surgeon, it includes examination of the patient, a laboratory blood test to detect levels of testosterone.If there is a suspicion of other diseases that have caused the development of gynecomastia, appointed by the ultrasound breast biopsy and mammography.
disease Treatment is aimed at the elimination of its causes, main symptoms and achieve maximum cosmetic effect.Gynecomastia Treatment can be conservative or operative.
Conservative treatment involves taking anti-estrogens and drugs designed to increase testosterone levels in the body.This method of treatment is used only very rarely and in the initial stage of the disease.Medications are not able to get rid of years developing gynecomastia.In this case, to relieve the disease can only surgery.
In modern medicine to correct the disease, there are several types of surgery:
- With a slight increase in breast cancer is performed endoscopic mastectomy, which involves the removal of the enlarged breast tissue.The operation is performed with the use of special devices - the endoscope.Tools are introduced into the breast tissue space through small incisions in the underarm area, whereby after surgery on a patient there remains no physical defects.Today, this surgery is the most gentle way to remove breast cancer in men.
- Subcutaneous mastectomy is the removal of the breast through paraareolyarny cut.Surgery is indicated for patients with excessive excess adipose tissue, most often carried out under local anesthesia.
- mastectomy with additional liposuction to restore the breast contour.This type of surgery is not only directed at eliminating gynecomastia, but also to achieve the maximum aesthetic effect.Removing excess fat is carried out through a small incision in the axillary regions.Excessive body fat may be adjusted after the operation with the help of selected specialist personal diet.
All kinds of operations to remove gynecomastia usually quite well tolerated by men and do not require prolonged post-operative rehabilitation.patient hospitalization is not more than a day, and in the early stages of the disease - some hours.After removal of the breast within a month a man should wear a special slimming shirt for the normal formation of the contour of the pectoral muscles.Sports activities at the same time should be postponed for a month, but to work can begin within a week after surgery.