Gingivitis - the medical term for inflammation of the gums, a disease similar to periodontitis, in some cases, which is its precondition.The causes of gingivitis can be mass: decreased immunity, living in an area with unfavorable environmental conditions, the use of poor quality water, the presence in the body of infections and diseases of the gastrointestinal system.
disease can cause abnormal tooth growth.It is known that people who have oral problems like tooth decay, periodontal disease, tartar, frequently faced with the emergence and development of gingivitis.Risk factors include the presence of one of the diseases such as diabetes, tuberculosis, cirrhosis of the liver.The disease, seeming at first glance a rather inoffensive, can lead to complete loss of teeth.
for gingivitis is characterized by the following symptoms:
- Bad breath, which is very difficult to get rid of even with the use of mouthwash;
- Bleeding gums, which can be seen when brushing your teeth, eating.Sometimes bleeding from the affected inflamed gums can be opened without influence on it of any stimuli;
- red gum color, its swelling, edema;
- tooth loosening in the advanced stage of the disease, its loss.
Experts identify several types of gingivitis, each of which can occur in acute or chronic form:
- Hypertrophic gingivitis is characterized by uncomfortable swelling of the gums, looseness of its tissue;
- catarrhal gingivitis usually occurs with the presence of all major symptoms, no loosening of the teeth;
- Ulcerative Gingivitis can cause fever, headache, weakness of the body, loss of appetite and a complete rejection of the meal, sore gums;
- main symptom of atrophic gingivitis is a gradual thinning and reduction of the gums, accompanied by her bleeding.
- Regional gingivitis is a disease in which there is loss of all gum and channel formation of purulent sacs in the gums.
The end result of any type of gingivitis is a partial or complete loss of teeth.Diagnosis and treatment of the disease involved the dentist and periodontist.Gingivitis Treatment usually starts with a full mouth rehabilitation, removal of soft plaque, stone using special dental tools: shovels and hooks.If the cause of gingivitis is malocclusion, which occurs quite often, the patient's treatment involved the orthodontist.After a professional cleaning, grinding and polishing of the teeth specialist usually gives the patient guidance on how to properly take care of the oral cavity, a toothbrush to brush your teeth, how many times a day should be carried out this procedure using any toothpaste.
Treatment of gingivitis
With the main symptom of gingivitis - bleeding gums help to cope medicated preparations in the form of gels, which are applied directly to the area of inflammation.Often they can be assigned and as a preventive measure.The regeneration of gum tissues occurs very slowly, even after a thorough cleaning procedures.Dental gels, sprays, rinses the oral cavity have a beneficial effect on the healing process, relieve swelling and bleeding gums.The most popular ones include:
- Gel Parodium, copes with gingivitis, arising as a result of wearing dentures;
- Aerosol Proposol acting as an anesthetic and a disinfectant.The product contains propolis, medicinal properties which are known to people since ancient times.
- solution mouthwash Eludril used as an antiseptic.It is used for treatment of most diseases of the gums.
gingivitis treatment is usually combined with the implementation of measures to strengthen the immunity: vitamins, treatment of chronic diseases.Self-medication with the help of the popular methods of using herbs and concoctions gives good results, but only as a secondary treatment.With bleeding gums bad cope decoctions of chamomile, St. John's wort, sage.Rinsing the mouth should be carried out every hour for at least two weeks in a row, but in this case it is possible to achieve significant results.
By complications of the disease is the development of periodontal disease - inflammation of periodontal tissues, leading to tooth loss.The main danger of such inflammation is that appearing in a gum, it gradually spreads to the entire jaw, and the teeth eventually become mobile.Save them in the final stage of the disease is virtually impossible.
regain lost teeth in the gum disease is possible by means of prosthetics.However, be aware that this is a very expensive and lengthy process in most cases.In addition, many have successfully used for prosthetics on healthy gums methods in such cases are not suitable.Before prosthesis lost teeth as a result of inflammation of the gums being treated the gums in order to stop further development of the disease.
At this time specialist can offer wearing dentures that will qualitatively chew food.Start carrying out prosthesis is possible only after the elimination of all symptoms of gingivitis and periodontitis, as prostheses successfully take root only completely healthy gums.
prospects for dentures is unlikely anyone will appreciate.Conducting such an unpleasant but sometimes necessary procedure can be avoided if a child attentive to your teeth and gums.It is known that gingivitis occurs in 60% of today's students, who in the future, even the distant, may be patient clinics for dental prosthetics.
prevention of gingivitis include compliance with the rules of oral hygiene, the use of dentifrice only quality toothbrushes, timely visit to the dentist.A simple test will determine the health of your gums: should bite off a slice of green apple and look at the rest.The appearance of blood on it indicates the presence of gingivitis.So, you should make an appointment with a periodontist.