In poor oral hygiene plaque accumulates on the teeth, which gradually hardens and turns into tartar.
Among the main causes of stone formation on the teeth also release:
- use for cleaning teeth of poor quality toothbrushes and toothpastes;
- Violation in the body metabolism;
- Eating only soft food;
- chewing on one side;
- teeth Curvature.
main symptom of dental calculus - first small gray deposition in the neck of the tooth, you can not always notice.At the initial stage of its development, the stone is usually loose, over time it becomes harder and gets a clear pigmentation.
place of stone location is the neck of the tooth, the tooth has a place of entering into the soft gum tissue, it can be supragingival and subgingival.
Supragingival calculus usually localized to large molars on both sides of the jaw and tongue on the side facing the lower jaw, the consistency can resemble white clay.Color tartar depends on the prevalence of food coloring in the human diet.Usually it is
Tartar, located under the gum, can not be seen in normal visual inspection, it is localized in the periodontal pocket - slotted recess between the tooth and the gum tissue, because it is an indispensable companion of periodontitis.This deposit is usually a dense consistency and dark color, occurs mainly in older people.
The only possible method of getting rid of tartar - is his removal in a dental clinic.Removing the stone, which is located above the gum, is a very simple procedure.First, the mouth is processed by special anesthetic solution, and then stone is removed with a dental instrument.Modern clinical use for such purposes laser.The final stage is the removal of stone grinding and polishing of the enamel of the teeth, or putting them on a special protective paste.parodontological special hooks used to remove subgingival stone.
There are three basic proven method of scaling:
- physical method involves performing procedures using ultrasound.Removal of deposits occurs under the influence of ultrasonic vibrations, which do an excellent job with the stone, not causing harm to dental enamel itself.This treatment also allows for easy whitening effect without the use of additional chemicals.The use of ultrasound allows to cope with the hard dental plaque is completely painless and fast.Implementation of this procedure may be contraindicated for people with diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Mechanical method is rarely used since it came to replace the new methods and technologies.Removing the stone in this case carried out with the help of dental instruments, specifically designed for this purpose.
- chemical method consists in treating the tooth with special chemicals, solvents or softening tartar, and then delete it.This method is completely painless, but it has a couple of drawbacks.Chemical substances can harm the enamel, and lead to development of diseases of a tooth in the future.Typically, chemical stone removal method is used when other methods are contraindicated.For example, high mobility of a tooth.
used to remove tartar laser began relatively recently, it is a method of treatment in crushing fat into small pieces, followed by washing them out of the teeth using a special spray.Using a laser with no adverse effect on the enamel.
Generally, treatment of oral problems does not end with the removal of hard dental deposits, as they are often accompanied by the presence of caries and periodontitis.In particularly advanced cases tartar can lead to tooth loss.First of all it suffers from the gums, which gradually begins to bleed, the neck of the tooth at the same time laid bare, the formation of so-called pocket, in which the food is stored and actively breed bacteria.If periodontal disease is left untreated, it will lead to loosening, and then fall out perfectly healthy tooth.
In addition, starting in one place the inflammation tends to spread throughout the jaw.The result of periodontal disease is the loss of all teeth.Prosthesis in this case is very complicated and very costly procedures.Of course, between the time of formation of the first plaque and subsequent tooth loss from periodontal disease can pass any one year.This process is very time-consuming and unpleasant.The deposition of plaque and subsequent related teeth and gum disease are accompanied by constant bad breath, bleeding and swelling of the gums.In addition, the presence of stones on the teeth looks very unpleasant and repulsive from the aesthetic point of view.Therefore, postponing once again trip to the dentist, you should think about all the unpleasant consequences that may be encountered in the future.
Prevention of tartar formation
tartar can be avoided if you follow some simple rules:
- brush your teeth, as expected, at least twice a day.If after a meal is not possible, should be at least rinse your mouth with warm boiled water;
- Eat raw vegetables, especially carrots;
- Remove food debris from the openings between the teeth with a toothpick;
- Visit the dentist twice a year and carry out professional tooth cleaning;
- Caring for your gums, when the signs of periodontitis seek qualified help;
known that 70% of all adults applying to the dentist, there are solid deposits on the teeth.Today, remove plaque without pain is possible and necessary.Careless attitude towards the problems of the oral cavity can lead to very unpleasant consequences.