Flux (medical name - abscess) is a form of acute complications of tooth decay, which can lead to inattention to the state of their teeth, or unwillingness to visit the dentist.The presence of caries facilitates the penetration of various bacteria in the tooth cavity filling loose connective tissue - the pulp.The pulp is usually accompanied by severe toothache, the cessation of which contributes to the death of the tissue.
This stage of the disease is the most dangerous, since the disappearance of the pain is often the main reason to delay treatment of carious teeth the next time.Which began with the inflammation persists, it becomes chronic.The infection gradually reaches the root of the tooth.Accumulates at the base bacteria contribute to the inflammation of the jawbone and the accumulation of pus in the gums.
name the disease "flux tooth" is obsolete, although still quite widely used in everyday life.The term "abscess" is derived from the Latin periostum, indicating periosteal tissue of t
main cause of periodontitis - dental caries, gingival inflammation pocket, mechanical damage to the mucous membrane of the mouth, sore throat, infection in the tooth tissue (for example, at the time of treatment).Education also contributes to the flux is not carried through to the end of treatment of the tooth.Not remote in time seal to arsenic has on its inner region a devastating effect, which could result in the emergence of periodontitis.
diagnose the disease quite easily.The development of gingival suppuration makes itself felt a sharp toothache, do not subside even after taking strong pain medication.The pain typically increases with pressure on the tooth, or by chewing.Periostitis accompanied by swelling of the gums from the accumulated pus in it, swelling of the tissues surrounding the tooth.When the location of the patient's tooth on the lower jaw cheeks swelling observed increase in the nearest lymph node, if there is a tooth on the upper jaw, there is a swelling of the eyelids and the area under the eyes.The body reacts to the presence of infection increasing temperature up to 38 degrees.The patient is observed weakness and malaise.Common symptoms of periodontitis are most manifest in middle age.
For the acute form of the disease characterized by the appearance of the strongest gingival swelling, spreading on the area of the upper lip and the nasolabial folds.If at that time did not take any effective methods of treatment, the pus might spill between the muscles in the soft facial tissue.This stage is often fatal disease.
In chronic periodontitis inflammation in the tissues of the tooth takes place slowly enough jaw bone, located beneath the sick tooth, while gradually thickens, the gums may acquire a small swelling.
Flux Treatment on the gums
Upon detection at the first signs of flux is recommended to seek medical attention.In fact, the appearance of pain or a small tooth damage that can be seen by visual inspection of his mouth, involves an appeal to the dental clinic, not to mention such advanced cases.periostitis Treatment depends on the general condition of the patient and the condition of his patient's tooth.The elimination of the gum abscess is conducted with the help of his autopsy.First, under local anesthesia performed gingival incision, then the pus is removed using a special drainage - a small rubber band.
the same time can be carried out the removal of a tooth, which is likely to no longer be treated.After the surgery, the patient is sent home, often it is assigned a course of physiotherapy procedures and reception of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs.Such measures help to reduce the pain at the site of the gingival incision, reduce body temperature.Antibiotics should only be taken under the supervision of the attending physician, and appropriate to the prescription dose.
Treatment of periodontitis requires compliance with certain essential rules:
- If you have gum swelling in any case can not be applied to the cheek hot compress!Heat is only promotes the growth of pathogenic bacteria and the spread of infection.
- Two hours before the planned trip to the dentist is not recommended to take pain medication, as they may make it difficult to establish a diagnosis.
- After opening the abscess can not take aspirin, because it contributes to increased bleeding.
- If after 8-10 hours after the elimination of pus pain do not stop, you must re-apply to the dentist.
- Antibiotics to consult with a specialist to take is strictly prohibited!
Prevention of periodontitis include:
- Regular visits to the dentist.Passing a scheduled scan from a specialist is recommended twice a year.It is much easier to treat caries in the stage of a small lesion of the tooth is less than endure the opening of the abscess and pus from the gum cleaning.
- Thorough cleaning of teeth.Flux itself is running a form of tooth decay.In order to prevent it, should be careful about oral hygiene.For best cleaning teeth using a soft toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.When brushing your teeth, special attention should be paid to the gums.Healthy gums are pink and do not bleed.Prolonged protection of oral bacteria facilitates the use of a special rinse aid.
- Removing tartar if necessary.Accumulates between teeth bacteria gradually turn into rock deposits that have a traumatic effect on the gums.As a result, she begins to inflame, bleed, and the suffering and the tooth itself.Many dental clinics offer the latest methods for the removal of tartar with ultrasound, laser and the like, that is very effective and does not hurt.
- Drinking an optimum amount of fresh vegetables, especially apples and carrots.As you know, chewing hard food helps to strengthen teeth.
such trouble as festering gums, it can happen even to those who regularly visits the dentist's office.Flux - a serious illness, so it is not necessary to put on his experiments and try to get rid of pus folk remedies.This can lead to disastrous results, including death due to blood poisoning.