Follicular ovarian cyst - a benign ovarian education, developing of the dominant follicle in the absence of ovulation.The growth of the follicular cyst is caused by leakage of blood serum through the blood vessel wall or prolonged secretion of granulosa-epithelial cells.Most often, this pathology is common in women of childbearing age, it is less likely to form in menopause or be congenital.
follicular cyst is a single chamber round education with smooth thin walls and the liquid contents are yellow.Dimensions pathological cavity can reach 8 cm in diameter.Follicular cysts are not subjected to malignancy and often resolved spontaneously within three menstrual cycles.
- 1 The causes of follicular ovarian cyst
- 2 Symptoms follicular ovarian cyst
- 3 Diagnosis of follicular ovarian cyst
- 4 Treatment of follicular cysts of the ovary
- 5 prevention of follicular ovarian cyst
The causes of follicular ovarian cyst
The main reason for the emergence and pro
Often the appearance of follicular cysts is caused by ovarian dysfunction caused by:
- medical abortion;
- uncontrolled contraception;
- nonspecific inflammation (adnexitis, oophoritis, salpingitis);
- sexually transmitted diseases;
- acute infections;
- hyperstimulation of ovulation during infertility treatment.
Development follicular ovarian cysts in infants is due to hormonal crises newborn period, as well as determining the influence of the mother estrogen on the developing fetus in the womb.
Symptoms of ovarian follicular cysts
Follicular cysts of small size (less than 8 cm in diameter), usually does not manifest itself and detected by chance.The emergence and development of larger structures may be accompanied by:
- by pain in the abdomen, appearing in the second half of the menstrual cycle and increases with physical activity during sexual intercourse, when making sudden movements;
- feeling of heaviness or fullness active in the groin;
- profusion, duration and irregular menstruation;
- advent scarce intermenstrual secretions.
Persistent follicular ovarian cyst may indicate a steady anovulatory menstrual cycle: that is why its development, often accompanied by disorders of the reproductive function.In addition, the formation of this type, which appeared in the body of a woman to bear a child, can cause severe complications, until the pathological abortion.
When follicular cyst of large dimensions, as well as increased physical activity, there is a risk of twisting of the cyst legs, tearing her areas of necrosis of ovarian tissue and ovarian apoplexy, accompanied by intraperitoneal hemorrhage.These complications are characterized by:
- appearance of sharp, piercing pain in the abdomen;
- severe dizziness;
- nausea, vomiting;
- general weakness;
- pallor of the skin.
Diagnosing ovarian follicular cysts
Diagnosing ovarian follicular cysts gynecologist made on the basis of the results:
- vagina to bryushnostenochnyh research;
During a pelvic exam, your doctor can identify the side and front of the uterus tugoelasticheskuyu rounded maloboleznennuyu and mobile tumor with a smooth, even surface.During the ultrasound scan revealed the formation of spherical single chamber filled with a homogeneous content and having sizes from 2-3 up to 8 cm in diameter.cyst wall usually does not exceed 2 mm in thickness.Against the background of the observed zone of formation of the intact ovary tissue, and in the course of the Doppler-detected portions arranged circumferentially slow blood flow.
Treatment of follicular cysts of the ovary
Relatively small follicular cysts, having dimensions do60 IIM diameter resolved spontaneously within three menstrual cycles.In this scenario, the patient is set for continuous dynamic monitoring with regular examinations and ultrasound.
for forcing recourse relapsed follicular cysts patient is assigned:
- course of combined oral contraception;
- anti-inflammatory therapy;
- receiving homeopathic remedies;
- physiotherapy (electrophoresis, phoresis sinusoidal modulated currents, phonophoresis, magnetic).
Surgical removal of follicular cysts of the ovary is held with the progressive increase in education, as well as its persistence.Standard operation is a laparoscopic cyst husking while suturing its walls, or resection of the ovary.In complicated form of the disease surgery is performed on an emergency basis.
prevention of ovarian follicular cysts
prevent the emergence and development of follicular cysts can, following a few simple recommendations.In particular, you must:
- make all possible efforts for the timely detection and elimination dishormonal and inflammatory lesions of the ovaries;
- regularly (at least once every six months) checkups at the gynecologist;
- promptly identify and eliminate factors that cause relapse.
Special attention is recommended to be given to expectant mothers passing on the background of follicular ovarian cysts.