corpus luteum cyst right or left ovary (luteal cyst) - a benign retention education in ovarian tissue.This pathology is generated based on not undergone the regression of the corpus luteum, which due to the failure occurs in the circulation fluid accumulation of serous or hemorrhagic nature.The disease is diagnosed in approximately 3% of women of childbearing age since the establishment of a two-phase of the menstrual cycle.
capsule corpus luteum cyst dimensions usually do not exceed 6-8 cm in diameter.The cavity is lined on the inside of this formation luteal granulosa cells and filled with yellowish-red contents.Most often, luteal cyst is one-way, one-sheeted and independently regresses within three menstrual cycles or during the second trimester of pregnancy.
- 1 Causes of corpus luteum cyst
- 2 Symptoms luteum cyst
- 3 Diagnostics luteum cyst
- 4 Treatment corpus luteum cystovary
- 5 prevention and prognosis of ovarian cyst yellow body
Causes of ovarian yellow body cyst
reasons for the formation of the corpus luteum cysts are still unclear.However, it is assumed that the emergence and development of this formation is caused by hormonal disruptions, as well as violation of lymph and blood flow in ovarian tissues.
proved that in the process of formation of luteal cysts affect:
- administration of drugs that stimulate ovulation in violation of the reproductive function, or preparation for in vitro fertilization;
- reception means of emergency contraception;
- severe mental and physical stress;
- malnutrition permanently compliance monodiets;
- harmful working conditions;
- frequent oophoritis;
- performing medical abortions.
All of these factors can lead to an endocrine imbalance, and, consequently, the formation of luteal ovarian cysts.
Symptoms of ovarian yellow body cyst
Most often, the appearance and development of the corpus luteum cyst occurs without symptoms.In most cases, the formation of the data developed for several months and then undergo spontaneous regression.
In rare cases, lutein cysts may manifest itself:
- feeling of heaviness, discomfort, bloating and soreness on the side of development;
- menstruation delay or increase its duration, caused by uneven rejection of the endometrium.
clinical picture becomes pronounced in complicated disease: the outpouring of the cyst into the abdominal cavity, twisting her legs or rupture of the ovary.These pathological changes are accompanied by:
- piercing, cramping, diffuse pain in the lower abdomen;
- nausea, vomiting;
- reflex abdominal strain;
- positive peritoneal signs;
- gas delay, violation of the chair;
- intoxication of the organism;
- disappearance of bowel sounds.
Diagnostics luteum cyst
Diagnostics luteal cysts is based on:
- patient history;
- patient complaints;
- results gynecological examination;
- results of ultrasound;
- data obtained during laparoscopy.
Gynecological examination reveals behind the uterus or on the side of her tugoelasticheskoe entity having limited mobility and sensitivity to palpation.During echoscopy doctor observes a uniform sphere 4-8 SMV diameter, having a smooth and well-defined contours.In some cases, a cystic cavity can be filled with fine suspension.Accurately diagnose this pathology helps dynamic ultrasound conducted in the first phase of the menstrual cycle.
Suspicion of yellow body cyst left (right) of the ovary, a study conducted oncomarker CA-125.In addition, the patient being tested and the results confirm or exclude pregnancy.
Diagnostic laparoscopy is performed in cases when the luteal cyst becomes difficult to differentiate from those entities (including from tekalyuteinovyh cysts arising from the molar pregnancy or horionepitelioma, as well as ovarian cysts).
Treatment of ovarian yellow body cyst
Patients diagnosed with a small and not clinically manifested by a cyst of the ovary yellow body, showing dynamic monitoring gynecologist, ultrasonic examination and color Doppler mapping for several menstrual cycles.In most cases, it is the luteal cyst undergoes regression completely disappears.
symptomatic and recurring cysts may also resolve:
- during conservative anti-inflammatory therapy;
- while taking hormonal contraceptives;
- during balneotherapy (vaginal irrigations and therapeutic baths);
- phoresis sinusoidal modulated currents;
- magnetic therapy.
avoid twisting or tearing of tumor formation, the patient is recommended to minimize the exercise and to refrain from sexual intercourse.If within 3-4 months luteal cyst does not resolve on their own, the doctor makes a decision on its surgical removal.
Surgery, in most cases, limited to laparoscopic husking cystic body within not undergone changes in ovarian tissue and suturing of its walls, or resection of the ovary.
With the development of complications (for example, necrotic changes of ovarian tissue, or bleeding at the opening) performed emergency laparotomy with removal of the ovaries.
prevention and prognosis of ovarian corpus luteum cyst
prevent the emergence of ovarian luteal cysts is simple.It is sufficient to carry out timely and proper treatment of inflammatory diseases of the reproductive system, pay special attention to correct hormonal imbalance and undergo regular checkups by a gynecologist.With self-regression cysts or its planned removal of a favorable prognosis.