adenoids are large accumulation of lymphoid tissue, which is located in the nasopharynx.Normally, they are present in all people and perform certain functions, which include the production of immune system cells - lymphocytes, and direct the implementation of the immune defense.The problem comes when the adenoids or strongly expand, or inflamed.In the first case we are talking about hypertrophy of the adenoids, and the second of adenoids disease.
- 1 Causes of pathology in the pharyngeal tonsils
- 2 Treatment of adenoids in children
- 2.1 Conservative
- 2.2 Surgery
Causes of pathology in the pharyngeal tonsils
- injuries to a child during birth or asphyxia
- disease mother viral etiology.This is especially true of the first 7-9 weeks of pregnancy.
- reception pregnant woman throughout the life of any medications that have special toxicity and antibiotic allergy
- limfatizm.In another way, it called lymphatic diathesis.The presence of this pathology suggests susceptibility of the child to ensure that he can be a violation of the immune system.
- frequent viral infections
- infection adenoids pathological microflora
- adverse environmental conditions
Particular attention will be tonsillar hypertrophy.There are three degrees of the disease.At the first degree discomfort occurs only during sleep.At night, the same time is difficult and the breath.Day of such violations are observed.At the second degree during sleep the child observed snoring.Breathing through the nose difficult day, resulting in a child is often breathing mouth.In the third step, breathing through the nose is not possible due to the fact that lymphoid tissue completely covers the air inlet through the nose.
Expert opinion: It seems that the author had in mind not the hypertrophy of the tonsils and adenoid hypertrophy.At the second stage of the child's breathing is not learning.He just hard to breathe mouth.
Thus, the main symptoms of the disease will be the following:
- difficulty breathing through the nose.It has its own characteristics, depending on what stage the process is (as mentioned above)
- so-called obstructive sleep apnea syndrome, in which there will be a snores a child and holding your breath in the night time, when the child sleeps
- because often developing otitis may be a violation
- hearing cough, worse in the morning.It arises from the fact that the mucus running down the back wall of the pharynx
- can be voice change - namely, changing the tone.As a result, some will be heard snuffles
- Fatigue, drowsiness.Such children are irritable, always dissatisfied with something.They have reduced attention,
- memory will show changes in the structure of the skeleton face.Most often, the child will experience an indifferent expression, coupled with the ever-open mouth
- frequent inflammation of the nose, pharynx, larynx, sinuses near the nose, the lower respiratory tract.
diagnose the disease in several ways.Firstly, during normal inspection nasopharynx.If this is difficult, then inspected the nasal passages, oropharynx, pharyngeal mucosa, ears.Based on these examinations conclude on the state of the tonsils.
Second, nasal endoscopy.A study by a rhinoscopy, which is introduced into the nasal cavity.This method has several advantages.This includes the information content, the ability to take photos and video, harmlessness.Third, this X-ray examination.But in this case, we must remember that each study has a certain radial load.
Treatment of adenoids in children
Treatment of the disease depends on the stage of the process.It may be conservative or operational.
is a priority in our time.It is a complex of reception of various drugs and of physiotherapy.It should be noted that the adjuvants are used along with other medicines.
Expert opinion: Regarding the priority of conservative treatment is debatable.There are different opinions otorinolyaringologii professionals.Some advocate adenoidectomy without treatment, if these structures make it difficult to breath and life of the little patient.Others are trying for some time to treat the child's medication, which may also be justified.
It is also important to remember that you need to constantly remove secretions from the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity and nasopharynx.Otherwise, the effect of the treatment will be greatly reduced.
Nowadays widely used laser.It has its advantages.These include a security method, a positive effect on the lymphoid tissue.As a result of the application of laser therapy reduces edema, inflammation is removed, it increases immunity locally.laser therapy course consists of six to eight sessions.Already after the first session held free breathing through the nose is restored almost one hundred per cent of children.And by the way, this method can be used regardless of the stage of the disease.
can also be used and homeopathic remedies as aids.
This type of treatment is carried out if conservative treatment has not worked, if there is a persistent violation of breathing through the nose, complicated by the very frequent colds, if there paranasal sinuses), if there is obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
Surgery to remove the adenoids called adenotomy.It can be performed under local anesthesia or under general.Monitoring is conducted endovideoskopicheski.As a rule, it is better to carry out the operation under local anesthesia.It is fast, efficient, painless, bleeding will be minor.If the adenoids are located near the nasal tubes in the nasopharynx, it is better to perform the surgery under general anesthesia.This also applies in cases where a child gipervozbudim.
In any case, it should be remembered that before surgery you must first cure the inflammation.Otherwise, there may be a variety of postoperative complications due to the fact that the entire hearth to stop inflammation fail.
Sometimes after surgery lymphoid tissue in the nasopharynx again grows and grows.In this case, the operation should be carried out again.