Very often, the disease of the cardiovascular system and other organs are complicated by the development of arrhythmias.In some cases, the violation rate is viewed as an independent pathology.Therapeutic measures are aimed at addressing the causes and symptoms.Depending on this, drugs for treatment can be divided into some large groups.Stand out drugs used in emergency situations for cupping.
All antiarrhythmic drugs can be divided into several classes:
- Sodium channel blockers.Their mechanism of action is associated with the stabilization of the membrane of muscle cells in the heart, thereby reducing their anxiety or shorter period of contraction.The main representatives, currently used are procainamide and lidocaine.
- Beta-blockers reduce the frequency and strength of heart contractions by eliminating the effect of excitatory neurotransmitters (sympathomimetic).Depending on the action isolated cardioselective (metoprolol, atenolol, bisoprolol) and non-selective (carvedilol, propranolol).
- potassium channel blockers (Cordarone, sotogeksal) prolongs the refractory period, during which the myocardium is not responsive to excitatory stimuli.Well suited for the treatment of atrial fibrillation.
- Calcium channel blockers (verapamil, diltiazem) violate the transport of ions required for muscle contraction.
Among the drugs that are not included in this classification, for the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias using salts of magnesium and potassium, cardiac glycosides, adenosine.
Features of treatment depending on the type of arrhythmia
Since dysrhythmia - a fairly large group of conditions caused by various reasons, the treatment of arrhythmias varies considerably depending on the specific type.
most frequent type of arrhythmias, but the least dangerous.It has an adverse prognostic significance only against the background of coronary heart disease.When atrial arrhythmias are treated with beta-blockers, if the ventricular - with Cordarone.Generally, complementary therapy soothing and sedative drugs.
Treatment of atrial fibrillation varies depending on its shape.
In paroxysmal atrial fibrillation to prevent attacks can be used beta-blockers, Cordarone, sotogeksal, propafenone tablets.For intravenous procainamide it can be used, but under strict medical supervision.If the arrhythmia continues for more than 48 hours for the prevention of thrombosis and embolism followed prescribe anticoagulants (warfarin).
For the prevention of blood clots and embolism prescribe warfarin
If permanent atrial fibrillation, the most effective drug is digoxin.It monitors the ventricular rate by maintaining it at 60-80 min, and increases the ejection fraction of the left ventricle, thereby reducing the symptoms of heart failure.In some cases it is combined with a beta-blocker or kordaronom.Receiving warfarin at a constant form is required.
Should we be afraid of arrhythmia?
sinus arrhythmia of the heart can be physiological, related to breathing, changes in the level of physical activity, psycho-emotional stress.In this case, it does not require treatment.Very often it is the rhythm disturbance is a manifestation of pathological conditions of other organs and systems.Then the treatment should be aimed at addressing the causes and treatment of the underlying disease.Sometimes, if sinus tachycardia causes discomfort, prescribed small doses of beta-blockers.
medications for emergency conditions
arrhythmias requiring immediate treatment include:
- ventricular tachycardia;
- supraventricular tachycardia;
- bradycardia, accompanied by loss of consciousness.
In all these cases, you should immediately call an ambulance.
If ventricular tachycardia most effectively conduct defibrillation (electrical heart reboot).
With this arrhythmia person usually loses consciousness, so the pills removed.The most effective for the relief of this attack is the intravenous solution kordarona or lidocaine.If the drugs do not work, they resort to electrical discharge (defibrillation).For the prevention of recurrent ventricular tachycardia for extended reception appoint Cordarone or install a special device (cardioverter).
This arrhythmia is associated with the presence of additional pathways of nerve impulse between the atria and ventricles, and the launch of the return mechanism.Treatment in this case directed to a faulty communication interruption.This may help a rapid (within seconds) Introduction ATP vein, which leads to transient cardiac arrest.The patient usually feels dizzy, feeling of fever and other discomfort.Following the resumption of work, myocardium begins to contract normally.For these purposes may be used, verapamil, but its efficiency is much lower.
Reduced heart rate is below the critical level may be accompanied by loss of consciousness.This is due to circulatory disorders of the brain.In these cases, drug therapy usually is not effective.As an interim measure, use solution of atropine, epinephrine, and dopamine, which can increase the contractility of the heart, but do not eliminate the cause.
What encourages traditional medicine
Folk remedies for the treatment of arrhythmias can be used only after consultation with a cardiologist.They are best suited to deal with premature beats, which in itself is not dangerous, but can lead to psychological discomfort and reduced quality of life.
Folk remedies should be used only as a supplement to the basic treatment
most popular are infusions made from various herbs:
- valerian and motherwort have a slight sedative effect and reduce the susceptibility of the nervous system to stress.They help with arrhythmia and tachycardia associated with emotional experiences.
- strawberry leaves and yarrow strengthens the heart muscle.
- Hawthorn and Calendula contain necessary nutrients and trace elements, stabilizing the work of the myocardium.They are useful in atrial fibrillation.
treat arrhythmia, characterized by pathological changes in the heart muscle, only traditional methods are not recommended.It is advisable to combine it with medicines prescribed by your doctor.
heart rhythm disturbances can manifest change in the frequency or regularity of myocardial contraction.Depending on the mechanism of this pathological condition is chosen optimal therapy.To treatment to be effective, you need to undergo a full inspection and strictly adhere to the instructions of the cardiologist.