Hypertensive heart disease - a fairly common disease of the cardiovascular system, the main symptom is high blood pressure.Among the variety of causes of this pathological condition, not the last place is occupied by a high content of sodium and water into the bloodstream.That is why diuretics in hypertension firmly taken its place and can be used in combination therapy, or as a self-medication.
All synthetic diuretics can be divided into three groups:
- Loop (lasix furosemide), which are the most powerful.They are indispensable for the relief of hypertensive crisis, but with prolonged use, washed out of the body of potassium and magnesium, so you need additional appointment panangina.
- Kalisberegate (veroshpiron) diuretics used only in combination with other drugs.Can slow down the restructuring of the heart muscle caused by increased load in hypertension.
- thiazide diuretics (hydrochlorothiazide) operate at the level of the convoluted tubules of the kidneys.Because they reduce the excretion of calcium, and their use for the treatment of hypertension in humans with osteoporosis.Often combined with a potassium-sparing agents.
These drugs are available individually and in combination with other antihypertensive agents (calcium channel blockers, ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers).
Why diuretics reduce pressure
A number of studies have shown that diuretics are more effective for the treatment of hypertension than beta-blockers.This is especially true of older people who have the basic mechanism of the disease is fluid retention.Diuretic drugs excrete excess sodium and water.They act on the cells responsible for filtering and reabsorption in the renal tubules.This reduces the volume of intravascular fluid and artery wall becomes less sensitive to the hormone action, narrows its lumen.
addition, certain diuretics may directly block calcium channels vessels, thereby causing them to expand.The slightly reduced cardiac output.Through these operations not only reduces the pressure, but also reduces the number of complications of hypertension.
When receiving diuretics is necessary to observe a few rules:
- stick to a diet low in salt and water;
- to eat foods rich in potassium (bananas, dried apricots, raisins);
- try not to abuse alcohol and sleeping pills.
Side effects of diuretic therapy
Despite the fact that diuretics are often used in the treatment of hypertension, they have quite a few side effects:
- sleep disturbance and fatigue associated with frequent urination, including at night;
- change in renal function in connection with the strengthening of their work;
- addiction that requires increasing dose;
- and electrolyte disturbances caused by this arrhythmia, muscle cramps;
- dizziness, headache, dry mouth is a sign of dehydration;
- diuretics may increase the concentration of glucose and uric acid, so they must be careful to assign in diabetes and gout;
- lead to an increase in plasma cholesterol.
Therefore, at constant reception of diuretics for the treatment of hypertension is necessary at least once a month to take a blood test to determine the level of potassium, magnesium, and lipid profile.When any unusual symptoms you must tell your doctor.
For the treatment of hypertension in the home using a variety of teas, infusions, mixtures of herbs and fruits.Do not forget that the use of folk remedies to reduce the pressure should be carried out under the supervision of a physician.A good diuretic effect have the following products:
- asparagus, which contains the amino acid asparagine;
- beet raw;
- oats, which includes silica;
- cranberry juice displays the excess fluid, and also has a disinfecting action;
- herb parsley.
To prepare folk diuretics is recommended to use a variety of infusions on grasses:
- bearberry leaves collected during flowering;
- fruits and crushed leaves cranberries;
- burdock root;
- flower baskets blue cornflower.
There are several effective prescriptions of traditional medicine used in the treatment of hypertension:
- Mix the juice of beets, carrots, horseradish, lemon and honey in equal proportions.Take 1 tablespoon three times a day before meals.The course of treatment is 2-3 months.
- Prepare the infusion of red pine cones.Drink it with green tea.
- Take an onion, clove of garlic, lemon and sugar, boiled water to insist on 2-3 days.Take 2 tablespoons of half an hour before a meal.
Remember that natural diuretics only eliminate the symptoms of hypertension, but does not act on the cause.In connection with this treatment only folk remedies is only possible when the initial signs of the disease.
Arterial hypertension - the most common cause for the appointment of diuretics.Yet, until recently, it was considered ineffective monotherapy with diuretics, but recent studies have shown that they are an ideal antihypertensive drugs in elderly patients with impaired renal function.Due to the large number of side effects, these medications must be supervised by a cardiologist or physician.Using traditional methods of treatment is permissible only in the early stages of hypertension.