cerebrovascular accidents often leads to a decrease in the patient's physical activity.This is due to the fact that attacks the nervous tissue that is responsible for initiating muscle fibers.In this regard, it develops paresis (partial restriction of mobility) or plegia (complete absence of movement).In the future, these conditions are complicated by atrophy (reduction in weight), and muscle tissue contracture (abnormal restriction of joint movement).Therefore, the patient's rehabilitation should start at the earliest possible time.Restorative massage after a stroke is a necessary measure for the prevention of these processes.
Goals and Objectives The main objectives of
massage stroke are:
- improve blood circulation and lymph flow to establish from the affected limb;
- increase delivery of nutrients to all tissues of the body, including the skin and for prevention of pressure sores;
- gradually restore joint mobility;
- prevent the formation of contractures;
- resist the development of friendly movements associated with the features of innervation of recovery;
- reduce the severity of pain;
- reduce muscle tension, lift the tone;
- reduce the likelihood of congestive pneumonia.
Immediately after the stroke permitted holding only local effects, such as massage paralyzed limbs, chest or lumbar region.At the first sessions of its duration should not exceed 10 minutes.In the future, it is increased to half an hour.It should be carried out every day for a month.
basic requirements for therapeutic massage:
have masseur should be warm and clean hands.
- All you need to relax your body and limbs give the average physiological position.
- to massage should only be an experienced professional with a warm and clean hands.Not allowed to have long nails.
- room, which hosts the session, ventilate, but the temperature should not be less than 220C.
- massage can begin no earlier than two hours after a meal.
- It should not cause pain or discomfort.
- Movement is done only in the course of lymph flow.The limbs - from the toes to the groin and armpits, on the chest - from the center to the sides, the neck and head - from the top down.
- intensity of the impact and duration of the session should be increased gradually.
- During the massage is necessary to observe the anatomical features of the body structure.
- After the procedure the patient should lie down and rest for 15-20 minutes.
total restorative massage is allowed to carry out only later rehabilitation period, as it may cause fatigue of the patient, that the negative impact on the state of the nervous system.
Massage therapy after stroke, regardless of the area of exposure is performed using several techniques that alternately follow each other.
This technique is carried out relaxed hand, sliding it over the surface.It is not advisable to collect the skin in large folds.First conducted a superficial stroking, and then deep, in which the capture adipose tissue and muscle.The trajectory of the doctor's hands may be spiral, rectangular or zigzag.In addition to general tonic, while removed the top layer of cells, improves blood circulation and nutrition.
If rubbing occurs tension and displacement of the various layers to one another.During that formed large skin folds, which contributes to warming and improve tissue elasticity.It also reduces swelling due to fluid displacement to nearby lymph nodes.Masseur performs this trick with fingertips or the base of the palm, sometimes clenching his fist.Movement is usually straight or zigzag.
During the execution of this method there is passive gymnastics, muscle grip, pulled and squeezed.In this case too, the vessels are exposed.By kneading the muscle fibers become more elastic, increases their tone.In this regard, the holding of this reception in spastic changes contraindicated.
During this reception the therapist transmits oscillatory motion relaxed hands on the patient's body portion.The speed and amplitude of the performance may vary.Depending on this change and result: a frequency higher than 120 per minute muscle tone decreases at a slower vibration increases with larger amplitude.The direction of movement, usually from right to left.
How to help their own
symptoms-precursors of stroke in women
After discharge, patients with stroke from hospital, it is desirable to continue to perform massage at home.Do this in several ways:
- hire outbound specialist;
- learn the basic techniques and procedures to do on their own;
- use special massager.
If rehabilitation of patients with stroke is carried out by relatives, it is necessary to adhere to a certain course of action.Primarily perform massage hands and feet from injury, then move to the opposite side.
patients with stroke, only certain muscles are in good shape.These include:
- the front surface of the arm and forearm, palmar surface;
- pectoral muscle;
- the front of the thigh and the back surface of the tibia;
- plantar muscles.
in these areas is allowed only conducting surface movements, ie, strokes and light rubbing.On other parts of the paralyzed hand muscles can knead and rub vigorously, as there is no danger of spastic component.
sequence of massage stroke:
- front surface of the leg: thigh, calf, foot;
- pectoral muscle;
- arm: shoulder, upper arm, hand, fingers;
- back of the leg in the same manner;
If the patient's position on the back, the knees enclose a roller, and a small head pillow.To exclude friendly healthy limb movement, we can fix it with a weighting.During the position of the patient with a stroke on his belly under his pillow enclose.If there are contraindications, such as diseases of the cardiovascular system, it is possible to place it on its side.
In some cases, ischemic stroke, limb completely cease to receive signals from the brain.To prevent spastic contractures can help giving the correct position of the patient during his stay in bed.
in the supine position under the arm enclose the pillow so as to keep it horizontal.Brush and forearm can be fixed with the help of splints.The leg is bent at the knee and enclose a roll.To stop creating focus, made from a box or a headboard.In this position, the patient must remain for two hours three times a day.
If the patient lay on the healthy side, the limbs attach bent position in all joints.In this position you need is 30-40 minutes.
Massage is a very effective method of rehabilitation therapy, which is preferably carried out from the first days of stroke.It helps not only to restore the mobility of the affected limbs, but also acts as a preventive measure of trophic skin changes.Passive motion in the joints prevent the formation of contractures and muscle atrophy.