vegetative-vascular dystonia (VVD) - a disorder of the autonomic nervous system, causing patients a variety of complaints on the part of the cardiovascular system (pains the heart, blood pressure change, increased heart rate), respiratory system (a feeling of lack of air), digestivesystem (stool disorders, abdominal pain, flatulence), nervous system (irritability, abnormal function and sleep) and so forth.
themselves complaints in vegetative-vascular dystonia, although they are expressed, but, as is commonly believed, are nota serious threat to health and life.However, this pathology is often a precursor to other more serious diseases such as hypertension or coronary heart disease.Therefore, if the symptoms are pronounced and reduce the overall ability to work, the drug treatment of VSD is necessary.
To date, identify the following causes of vegetative-vascular dystonia:
- Acute and chronic infections - one of the main factors of the disease starting.In the period of acute infectious disease of human body is under some stress, which is imprinted in his mind a certain model of behavior and fear of painful to be ill again.As a result, there are symptoms of vegetative-vascular dystonia.At the same time, patients tend to exaggerate their significance for themselves.As a result, the intensity of their compounded, and the infectious process, in which they arose, it does not progress.Often dystonia occurs some time after the treatment of infectious disease.
- very important mechanism in the event of vegetative-vascular dystonia is stress, which affects today a great part of the population (including and outwardly prosperous).It can lead to reduced barrier properties and development of the organism infection that causes VSD on the mechanism described above.Also, stress is able to destabilize the nervous system and upset the mechanisms of adaptation.Compounding all these processes are poor nutrition and constant fatigue.
- Physical inactivity and prolonged sedentary work can also trigger attacks of dystonia (often with a predominance of symptoms on the part of the respiratory system).
- Symptoms of dystonia may occur against the background of hormonal imbalance that often occurs in adolescence, as well as in the period after childbirth and during menopause.
- Alcohol abuse and nicotine addiction may also trigger the development of vascular dystonia, which often takes place in a fairly young age.The fact that the exposure to nicotine is activation of the autonomic nervous system and prolonged its destabilization smoking occurs that requires treatment.In some cases, the emergence or worsening of the symptoms of dystonia occurs after a few years of starting to smoke or immediately after giving up this bad habit.
- The development of dystonia can affect personality type.According to statistics VSD often affects young people with excessive suspiciousness and impressionable.
Under the control of the autonomic nervous system is the work of almost all organs and systems of the human body, and therefore decided to allocate several forms of vegetative-vascular dystonia:
- Kardialgicheskaya form.With this type of VSD often concerned about pain in the heart, which may be dull, stabbing, aching, long and short term.They differ significantly from the pain associated with angina, which are oppressive in nature, are located behind the sternum occur after physical and emotional load and quickly stoped nitroglycerin.
- tachycardial form.There are more concerned about the episodes of increased heart rate (tachycardia).At the same time there is a rapid pulse in his temples, neck vessels, there is a feeling of rush of blood to the face, anxiety and fear of death.This form of the IRR must be differentiated with paroxysmal tachycardia, or other arrhythmias with an increase in heart rate.
- Hypertensive form.Qualifying features here are episodes of high blood pressure.Often this type is shown in conjunction with the first two forms of the listed diseases.It is worth noting that the pressure increase in this form of dystonia occurs to a maximum of 170/95 mm Hg.Art., unlike hypertension, where these figures are rising much more significant.Sometimes, when there are clinical symptoms of the disease on the part of the cardiovascular system, instead of the IRR term used another term - neuro-circulatory dystonia.
- visceral form.Concerned about complaints from the intestine by the type of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Hypotonic form.There are blood pressure lowering episodes to 90/60 mm Hg more.Thus there is a weakness, darkening of the eyes, dizziness, headache, increased sweating, cold hands and feet.
- Respiratory form.It is characterized by complaints on the part of the respiratory system: dry cough, sore throat, a feeling of "lump in the throat", chest tightness, chest pain, aggravated by inspiration, etc.
- Asthenic form..Worrying decline in overall health, fatigue, decreased endurance and tolerance to stress and other stresses.
Treatment of vegetative-vascular dystonia
For the treatment of VSD is better to consult a good specialist (neurologist, psychiatrist, or therapist), who will appoint the appropriate drugs to eliminate the symptoms and the disease in general.We describe the main methods of treatment.
can refer to a neurologist
Removing the cause of dystonia and psychotherapy
Sometimes it is enough to eliminate the causes of the disease, and as a result of long-term treatment tablets to the patient is not threatened. However, to find and eliminate the causes of the IRR is an extremely complex process, and very often it can not be eradicated, leaving the patient with acute exacerbations (so-called crises) have to take medications for life.
Often, patients can call themselves the causes of their attacks dystonia (stress, overwork at work, family problems, etc.), But to do something to eliminate these causes of their lives, they can not or do not want.
also an important aspect in the treatment of the disease is that the IRR is not a deadly disease.And the sooner the patient is understand for themselves, the faster it gets better.
If the patient has a complicated psyche, and he can not suppress my fears, for the successful treatment he needed psychotherapy.
Occupational health and a healthy lifestyle
Most patients bouts of illness attack after a long sedentary work.To prevent the development of symptoms in time needed 40-45 minutes to make industrial gymnastics for 5-10 minutes.Outside of work, it is recommended to engage in sports, which involves breath control and a minimum of injuries (yoga, jogging, swimming and so on.) When the visceral form of vegetative-vascular dystonia for effective treatment is necessary to follow a diet.
These include massage, acupuncture, electrophoresis, water treatment.They complement other treatments and their choice depends on the shape of the patient's IRR.
good massage helps
addition to attempts to eliminate the causes of the disease and compliance with a healthy lifestyle, for the treatment of VSD is applied and drug therapy.At the same time appointed agents for the restoration of adequate activity of the autonomic nervous system.To date, for the treatment of diseases of the autonomic nervous system of the following types of medicines are used:
- herbal sedatives (valerian, motherwort and other drugs based on herbal components, welcomed the infusion of a mixture of herbs lily of the valley, chamomile, fennel, mint and valerian);
- tranquilizers (elenium, Relanium, Phenazepamum etc.);
- combination therapies (Belloidum, Bellaspon);
- antidepressants (amitriptyline, imipramine, and so forth.);
- adaptogens (ginseng tincture, Siberian Ginseng extract, Aralia tincture).
addition to recovery of the nervous system, it is necessary to stop the symptoms that are present in the patient every form of ESP.In accordance with the patient's complaints for the treatment of the disease your doctor may prescribe antihypertensives, vitamins, drugs aimed at the normalization of the heart, respiratory system, digestive system, etc..
Remember that designate certain drugs as well as determine the exact their dosageonly a doctor can, and do not choose a medicine to treat yourself.Moreover, the number of listed sredst require careful prescription.You also need to know that drugs for the treatment effective only if follow a healthy lifestyle and eliminating the cause of the IRR.Also, the success of treatment depends on the willingness and attitude of the patient to recover.