attack of angina pectoris is due to an absolute or relative deficiency of oxygen.Consequently myocardium experiencing ischaemia and hypoxia, thus emitting toxic products.They affect the nerves leading to the development of pain.If you do not adjust the delivery of oxygen to the muscle cells, then after a period of ischemia, necrosis occur, characterized by the death and destruction of the myocyte.In this case we are talking about the development of myocardial infarction.It is believed that if the pain lasts more than 15-20 minutes, irreversible changes occur.That is why first aid for angina should be initiated as early as possible.
Symptoms of angina Prinzmetal
Nitroglycerin release tablets, capsules, or as a spray.Regardless of the form of preparation, it is taken sublingual
Note that expanding blood vessels, nitroglycerin reduces the pressure.If you take it on the background of hypotension, can only worsen the blood supply to the myocardium.Therefore, the best pre-measured blood pressure.Also taking this drug can lead to the appearance of pronounced headaches.Do not be scared of this side effect, since no danger to his life, he is not.Absorption validol typically reduces discomfort.
Since pain during a heart attack is a sign of ischemia, it is necessary to provide additional access of oxygen to the patient.First aid for angina involves the removal of obstacles to the free breathing (narrow collars, ties, scarves), airing the room or move the patient into the fresh air.
to address the root causes that led to the disruption of the blood supply to the myocardium, can be used the following groups of drugs: Beta-blockers
- effective in cases where the angina caused by heart palpitations.
- ACE inhibitors help lower blood pressure and thus reduce vascular resistance.
- spasm in the coronary arteries can be used calcium blockers.This treatment is ideal Prinzmetal angina.
- If the patient is agitated, and an attack of chest pain provoked stress, to help can take Corvalol or valokordin.
Help with angina should be provided using short-acting drugs, the effect of which occurs within a few minutes.Another rapid-acting injectable form, but on their own injections is not desirable, because you can only aggravate the condition.
What do the doctors ambulance
If angina attack is not removed methods listed above, you need to call an ambulance .
ambulance doctors carry out the necessary treatment, and if necessary, will be taken in the patient's hospital
First aid for angina is to eliminate the pain, because in itself this symptom leads to further spasm of the coronary arteries.For this purpose, narcotic analgesics (morphine, fentanyl).As additional measures may be applied:
- aspirin, which improves the prognosis, and the need to take into account all contraindications to its use;
- Heparin is administered intravenously or subcutaneously, it prevents the formation of blood clots and promotes the resorption of existing clots;
- intravenous nitroglycerin as a continuous infusion may be effective, since the sublingual duration of less than a few minutes;
- oxygen inhaled through a special mask;
- if angina is accompanied by cardiac asthma are treated with diuretics.
Since there is a risk of myocardial infarction, it is necessary to register the ECG.Even if it is not found characteristic changes, all patients with atypical (duration, intensity, arising at rest) angina attacks are subject to mandatory hospitalization for stationary examination and treatment.
Angina - a condition caused by a deterioration of myocardial perfusion.First of all, when an attack is necessary to remove the cause that provoked it (physical or emotional burden, tachycardia, high blood pressure).Universal drug that should always be in the pocket of a patient suffering from coronary heart disease is nitroglycerin.It is important to remember that if chest pain persists for more than 10 minutes, you need to call an ambulance, because there is a possibility of myocardial infarction.