Food plays an important role in everyone's life, but not everyone pays attention to the fact that the use of excessive amounts of certain foods have a material adverse impact on the body.That is why, for many diseases must adhere to a certain diet.For instance, it not recommended eating fatty foods, as this may lead to the development of atherosclerosis lesion in ischemic brain.
Power stroke should begin with the first day of the disease.Otherwise, the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract quickly atrophies, and the deposition of the ulcer.In addition, it increases the permeability of the intestinal wall quickly for bacteria that can enter the bloodstream and exacerbate the already serious condition of the patient.
main problems and their solutions
People who have had an acute violation of cerebral blood flow, often in some time in a coma.This is especially true for patients with hemorrhagic stroke, in connection with the development of pronounced edema.During this period, power can not be c
- installation nasogastric tube (a thin tube that connects the stomach to the outside);
- parenteral (intravenous) nutrition.
In the first case a mixture of necessary nutrients are introduced into the stomach using a large syringe or special package.Due to the constant presence in the nasal and oral cavity of a foreign body, there is a risk of infection.Therefore it is very important to carefully observe hygiene and wash the probe after each meal.
In the second case the nutrients directly into the bloodstream.Since in this case the digestive system is not involved, this mixture is already split from protein, fat and carbohydrates.
Unfortunately, not all patients recovered completely after a stroke.Some even post-discharge are not able to make their own food and to swallow.In these cases, tube feeding may be carried out in the home.The main thing to choose the right mix.
patient Dining using special blends allows the body to recuperate more quickly attenuated.Their composition is completely balanced, it consists of digestible proteins, fats, carbohydrates and vitamins.At the pharmacy you can buy a mixture of very different qualities.When you select should be guided by several parameters:
- Taste qualities are important if the patient is able to swallow.When introduced into the probe, they are not counted.
- condition of the gastrointestinal tract.At reduced capacity for digestion and absorption preference is given to a mixture with recycled maximum nutrients.
- osmolality (a measure determined by the number of particles per unit of solution) is directly linked to the development of side effects.
- Cost is also an important factor.
patients undergoing brain stroke, the best is the use of mixtures with a high content of protein.Enter they need small meals 4-5 times a day.Standard calorie solution of 1 kcal / mL, and the average daily need of the patient with stroke - 35-40 kcal / kg.
symptoms and first aid for stroke
major complications of enteral nutrition in brain stroke are:
- diarrhea (diarrhea);
- esophagitis (inflammation of the esophagus);
- ulceration in the gastric mucosa;
- mixture entering into the lungs;
- purulent lesions.
table number 10
Diet stroke may vary depending on the cause, he was summoned.According to WHO the most suitable is the so-called Area 10, which is assigned to all the people with cardiovascular diseases.
As part of this diet is necessary:
- limit salt and liquids;
- reduce overall caloric due to animal fats and carbohydrates;
- exclude substances that excite nervous system (caffeine, alcohol, chocolate, spices);
- increase the content of foods rich in potassium and magnesium.
Since the main cause of ischemic stroke is atherosclerosis, the protein source preferably to be a fish, cottage cheese, milk, and soy.It is necessary to increase the proportion of vegetable fats.The constant use of seafood in the diet may not only slow down the process of plaque formation in the blood vessels, but also lead already formed fat resorbable.
approximate composition of the menu is as follows:
- carbohydrates - 400g;
- Protein - 90g (animal no more than 55%);
- fat - 70 grams (plant not less than 30%);
- salt - no more than 6 grams;
- fluid - less than 1.5 liters;
- total calorie - 2500 kcal.
Proper nutrition after brain stroke will not only speed up recovery, but also to resist the repeated attacks.It is important to exclude certain products from the diet, wherein the amount of the protein should be sufficient for regeneration.In violation of swallowing, a special mix to use.