Stroke - is cerebral infarction substance which results from a lack of blood circulation in the pool of any of the cerebral arteries.
When stroke occurs reduction or cessation of blood flow in specific brain structures.There are two types of stroke: ischemic and hemorrhagic.In the first case cerebral circulation occurs due to lack of blood flow, in the second - break occurs vascular and cerebral hemorrhage.And in fact, in both cases brain cells suffer from a lack of nutrients and oxygen, resulting in their destruction begins, and if first aid for stroke has not been provided in time, it may cause irreversible changes in the brain with the subsequent incapacity of the victim.Often, the result can be a stroke, and death.
As mentioned above, the cerebral blood flow can be the result of vascular occlusion or hemorrhage.
Causes of blockage:
- thrombosis (formation of clots in the vessels of the brain that is most often the result of atherosclerosis);
- embolus (embolus entering (foreign particle) in the cerebral arteries, such as adipose brain embolism at fractures of long bones).
Causes of cerebral artery rupture and hemorrhage are:
- congenital thinning of the walls of the vessel (aneurysm).
stroke also provoke abuse of fatty foods, excess weight, smoking, alcohol abuse.
Symptoms of cerebral circulation
time to recognize a stroke is necessary to know its features, which include:
- sharp rise or fall in blood pressure;
- sudden and severe headache, nausea, vomiting, flicker flies before his eyes - symptoms of increased intracranial pressure;
- incoordination or loss of consciousness;
- speech disorder;
- decrease in vision or double vision;
- violation of orientation in time and space, in respect of itself;
- unilateral paralysis and paresis of the limbs or any side of the face;
- tremor (shaking) Language or reject it in any direction.
First aid for stroke
If suddenly someone from your environment you notice signs of cerebral circulation, then you should act immediately. First aid for stroke - is the challenge of emergency.If you have time to call an ambulance, you have to do almost everything for the salvation of man from the effects of stroke.
While ambulance carriage rides, you can do the following:
- reassure the patient, as fear and excitement only exacerbates the symptoms of a stroke;thus it is possible to give the patient a tincture of valerian and / or dampen her upper lip below the nose;
- loosen his shirt collar or belt of trousers;
- give the patient's head elevated position;
- provide fresh air into the room;
- if you caught a stroke at home, and the hand is a tonometer, it is necessary to measure blood pressure, and if it is high, to give the patient drink appropriate medications prescribed to the patient earlier.Also, elevated pressure can be lowered pelvis of the patient's legs in hot water for the redistribution of blood pressure and reduction in cerebral arteries system;
- when unconsciousness turn patient so that the head was lying on its side to prevent aspiration of vomit (in stroke may be vomiting).If vomiting still occurs, you need to clear the airway of the gastric contents.In addition, it is necessary to pay attention to whether the language of the fuse, and if this takes place, pull out the language;
- do not need to give the patient vasodilators;
- do not need water or feed the patient.
If the case is not particularly severe, the acute care of stroke may be to massage the forehead and temples, with a gradual transition to the occipital region.You can also massage the collar area and large limb joints.Furthermore, when netyazhёlom stroke can be useful tochech¬ny massage.
It also happens that the victim at the time of the stroke is behind the wheel of a car.In such situations, because of cerebral blood flow may be affected not only the driver but also other road users.Medical care here will be as follows:
- call an ambulance;
- open the windows in the car, and it is better to help get out of it;
- measure blood pressure and increase it to a drug that the doctor prescribed the patient;if you do not know the numbers of pressure, it is better to avoid taking the drug and try to bring the victim to hospital;
- trouble if caught you in nature, you can omit the legs in a bowl with hot water;
- with loss of consciousness to check the adequacy of air, exercise control over breathing and pulse, in the absence of a pulse to start chest compressions.
After the call came ambulance and first aid was provided, it is better to place of hospitalization (and it shows in these patients 100%) to accompany the patient in person.After all, in the hospital, you can give your doctor as much information about the patient and the disease.In addition, it is necessary to make sure that the victim had CT scans of the brain, which helps to reliably determine whether a violation of cerebral circulation, as well as more specific localization of the pathological process.
Remember that if the first symptoms of a stroke patient care provided in the first three hours of the onset of the disease, then the victim's chances of survival are greatly increased, and not go deep after a stroke disabled.
also need to know that the cerebral blood flow is better to prevent than to treat later.Therefore, at the first sign of the disease or the presence of hypertension need to be carefully examined in the future to adjust the numbers of blood pressure throughout life.