All bodies need all the organs are important.Even those without which people can live happily ever after.They perform certain functions, which are to replace in its entirety other organs and systems can not.A striking example - the spleen.This small and discreet.Not every patient can clearly show where this organ in the body.And in the area of the spleen stomach pain written off, overload during the meal, but not on the diseased organ.
- 1 spleen.Location dislocation structure and function of the body
- 2 spleen.Standard Sizes
- 3 Increased spleen.Why is the pathology
- 4 Diagnostic event
- 5 Increased spleen.Medical tactic
spleen.Location dislocation structure and function of the body
The spleen is located in the left side of the abdomen behind the stomach between the 9th and 11th ribs.It is an unpaired organ.Outwardly resembles iron.Form - flattened and elongated hemisphere.
spleen functions for a
- Promotes removal and removal from the body of the dead or the non-functional red blood cells.
- involved in the process of development of antibodies to protect against viruses and infections.
- contributes to the accumulation of platelets in the blood.
- In utero works as krovetvoryaschy body.Later, these functions are transferred to the bone marrow.But in some diseases of the spleen becomes one of krovetoryaschih depot in the body.
- It is suggested that the effect of the spleen on the hormonal balance of the bone system.
rudiments of this organ appear in the future toddler under the age of 5 weeks.In medical practice, there are cases of children born without a spleen, and with two or three bodies.It is a rarity.The spleen is composed of 3 zones:
- Red pulp - is responsible for the process of hematopoiesis and work erythrocytes
- white pulp - at this point there is accumulation of white blood cells
- marginal zone - is responsible for the immune response to viruses and bacteria
body dimensions depend on the age and sex.Clear indicators are absent, therefore taken as a basis averaged data.
Normally spleen ribs and closed its probe is not possible.Palpate the body is possible only in the case where the dimensions in two or three times the physiological norm.Body Weight in such cases, up to 400 grams.
Details about the functions and importance of the spleen will learn from the video:
Increased spleen.Why is the pathology
Independently deliver a diagnosis "enlarged spleen" or "splenomegaly" impossible.This pathology detected during ultrasound examination of the peritoneum.Moreover, increased body size - is a symptom of many illnesses and by itself is not a definitive diagnosis.According to medical statistics, 5% of patients live well with an enlarged spleen without evidence of disease.Diseases in which splenomegaly is a symptom:
- Amyloidosis - metabolic disorder in which the kidney tissue accumulates in insoluble amyloid specific protein.In this case, apart from an enlarged spleen, there is a violation of the outflow of urine, swelling, abnormal heart rhythm, inflammation of the digestive system.
- Brucellosis - an infectious disease.Called by the bacterium Brucella and untreated can become chronic.In addition, there is fever, general intoxication, weakness.Increased liver and spleen develops in the later stages of the disease.
- Endocarditis - an infectious inflammation of the inner lining of the heart.The patient has a fever, there are pains in the heart, sweating, fatigue, blood in the urine.Without proper treatment of the probability of death.
- Felty's syndrome - the disease is extremely rare and is a complication of rheumatoid arthritis.The spleen is greatly increased, decreased number of white cells in the blood.
- Hepatitis various origins - inflammation of the liver infection or mechanical nature.Have characteristic symptoms.
- Histoplasmosis - fungal infection of internal organs.It is found only in Asia and Africa.The continental climate does not develop.In patients experiencing fever, chest pain, cough.
- Leukemia and lymphoma, pancreatic cancer - a cancer pathology of various organs.Each disease is characterized by its own symptoms.Splenomegaly and it is one of the signs.
- Malaria - an infectious disease.For mild forms characterized by the alternation of attacks of fever and normal health periods.In severe forms, there is fever, a violation of the outflow of urine, bloody cough, delirium, coma.
- Mononucleosis - an infectious disease.Increased liver and spleen at 2 process shown week.There is a fever, swollen lymph nodes.
- Sarcoidosis - etiology is unknown.Systemic disease in which microscopic granulomas form in various organs.Symptoms depend on the affected organ.
- splenic rupture as a result of injuries.
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura - systemic disease that affects the small blood vessels.The etiology is unknown.Accompanied by fever, hemorrhages in various organs.
- Abscess - localized suppurative focus in the spleen.It is accompanied by pain, fever, cough, shortness of breath.
- infarction - necrosis of body tissues.
If you suspect any of the above diseases should consult a doctor.The issues involved in the spleen, therapists, doctors, infectious disease specialists and hematologists.Diagnostic procedures:
- deep palpation of the abdominal organs will reveal enlarged spleen sizes
- The overall clinical analysis of blood and urine tests, blood biochemistry
- ultrasound of the abdominal organs
- biopsy if indicated
Important!If you have an ultrasound found an increase in the size of spleen, but no other disease symptoms are not observed, it is possible, it is your norm and nothing to worry about!Talk to your doctor, hand over analyzes and live quietly.
Increased spleen.Medical tactic
Treatment begins with diagnosis.It is important to find out the cause of splenomegaly.All therapeutic measures aimed at arresting the underlying disease.After recovery of the spleen size is reduced to normal size.
In severe cases - injuries, abscesses, organ rupture, myocardial infarction, blood cancer, lymphoma - surgery is indicated.Currently, laparoscopic surgery performed without massive cuts peritoneum.Life without a spleen - it is not a sentence.But it is important not to bring ourselves to such a state.The best way to avoid problems with the spleen is a healthy lifestyle and regular examination by a doctor.
Tell your friends! Tell us about this article to your friends in your favorite social network via social buttons.Thank you!