Strep - an inflammatory disease of the mucosa not only the so-called oropharynx (the middle portion of the throat), but sometimes it is also lymphoid tissues.Acute pharyngitis may occur due to inhalation of hot, cold or polluted air, under the influence of chemical irritation or it may be caused by streptococci or staphylococci.When the first symptoms of pharyngitis, treatment should begin immediately, while the disease has not spilled over into the chronic form.Even before the how to treat pharyngitis, give up smoking and drinking alcohol - at least until such time until they are withdrawn pain symptoms.
starts this disease quickly enough: appear dry throat, a sense of rawness, tickle, and even a burning sensation in the throat.
Due to the growing mucous swelling causes pain in the throat, and voice any stress leads to increased pain, and to swallow any food or even a liquid becomes a real torture.Another symptom of pharyngitis - a painful dry cough, there is low-grade fever (37-37,5 ° C).
And, despite the fact that many of immediately trying to eliminate these unpleasant, painful drinking warm water, gargle, most often it is, alas, not very helpful.And that means that these patients already emerged and began to develop the disease.
As you can see in the photo, pharyngitis accompanied by swelling and redness of the throat.
cause of acute pharyngitis
disease may be caused not only by infection patients ARI, SARS and so on. E. Most rhinoviruses, but also provided the result of exposure to cold, throat irritation tobacco, alcohol, dust or some chemical components.The cause of acute pharyngitis may even be a regular spray the toilet water.Disturbed breathing through the nose and when cooled air is supplied through the mouth, which leads to the penetration into it of pyogenic bacteria or adenoviruses.
Methods of dealing with pharyngitis
Of course, it is better not to treat pharyngitis antibiotics.Especially not always possible to establish - a bacterial cause of its occurrence (in this case, doctors may prescribe antibiotics), viral or just allergic.Besides pharyngitis may occur against a background of metabolic disorders, diabetes, gastric and intestinal diseases, and some internal organs (kidney, liver, lung, and even the heart).
viral pharyngitis can pass without any active "assistance", and in all other cases, in addition to bacterial lesions of the pharynx, should be treated in the first place the underlying disease or the underlying cause throat irritation.
So do not grasp immediately for antibiotics, and start to take the following measures.Methods of dealing with pharyngitis at least five, and they can be very effective.
1. Try to eliminate all the things that irritates the throat (including the cold and any chemicals - the same deodorants, colognes, perfumes ...).
2. Discontinue use from the outset of the disease spirits (strong) drinks.
3. Quit smoking.
4. Before you treat pharyngitis folk remedies, it is advisable to abandon the sharp, rough, very hot or cold foods.It is necessary to go on a liquid diet, little and often to drink something warm (for example, milk, vitamin or herbal teas).
5. In the treatment of pharyngitis in the home needed frequent gargling.You can quite easily prepared herbal formulations.
How else to treat pharyngitis: folk ways and methods of treatment of pharyngitis
1. Mix 40 g linden flower and 60 grams of chamomile, pour this mixture of 2 cups of boiling water, leave for 1 hour, and then gargle for at least 34 times per day.
2. You can mix 10 grams of wild rosemary marsh, elecampane, linden flower, chamomile and licorice;15 g of calendula and sage;and 20 g of eucalyptus leaves.The resulting mixture brew 2 cups boiling water, 1 hour and rinse well at least 3-4 times a day.
3. In the treatment of pharyngitis folk remedies have analgesic effect gargle infusions of lemon balm and peppermint - is prepared at the rate of 15 g of raw material per 200 ml of boiling water.
4. In the treatment of pharyngitis traditional methods are very effective inhalation pharmacy drugs bioparoks (4 inhalation through the mouth) or ingalipt (sprayed slurry in the mouth for 1-2 seconds) several times a day.
5. Inhalation can be done without using pharmaceutical drugs.We need to take 5 pieces of leaves mother and stepmother, 3 pieces of grass succession, and 1 part of peppermint.Gathering this should pour 200 ml boiling water, leave for 1 hour, drain, and then used in such a way prepared infusion of 50-100 ml per steam inhalation.
6. Take 1 tablespoon of calendula flowers and chamomile, St. John's wort grass and leaves of lemon balm, mint, all crushed, mixed thoroughly, and then 1 tablespoon of the resulting mixture is poured 1 cup of boiling water.The resulting composition is infused over 1 hour in a warm place in the bowl, the lid closed and wrapped up than any type of warm blankets.Then, the resulting infusion is filtered and used in the form of inhalations quarter cup 3-4 times a day.
7. Or another recipe: Raspberry leaves, horsetail herb, branches Helichrysum blended;1 tablespoon of raw material is poured 200 ml of boiling water, leave for 2 hours.It is used not only for inhalation, and for gargling.
8. Good folk remedy for sore throat - inhalation of 10 g of a mixture of sage leaves, eucalyptus, chamomile and calendula.This mixture is brewed in boiling water and 200 liters for 1 hour.Held 5-7 inhalations for 5 minutes for the entire day.
9. It is also recommended to keep the mouth to complete resorption septolepte (1 lozenge every 2-3 hours, 6-8 lozenges per day) or imudon (8 pills a day).
10. You can take the morning for 10-15 days, 1 capsule bronhomunal.
11. An effective way to treat pharyngitis People - lubrication 3-4 times a day mucosa throat Lugol solution with glycerol.
12. Not bad gargle several times a day with alkaline agents (mineral water, a solution of baking soda - 1 tablespoon to 1 cup water).
13. And finally, another folk remedy for sore throat: drink cranberry or cranberry juice, rich in vitamin C such
Try to eliminate all the things that irritates the throat (including the cold and any chemicals - the samedeodorants, colognes, perfumes ...).
For prophylaxis of pharyngitis avoid contact with sick with influenza, acute respiratory disease, SARS, as well as being in a dry dusty or smoky air or smoke.
Pharyngitis may be due to incorrect or untimely treatment given dangerous complications even on the joints and the heart, but more often it is an inflammation of the paranasal sinuses (sinusitis) and otitis.Can sometimes occur retropharyngeal abscesses or inflammation of the kidneys.